Monday, 23 January 2012

Message Rap

Sorry for taking so long to start up my "new" blog, but I was just busy with some stuff.

Anyway I want to start off with posting some "message rap", rap that actually means something and is deeper than "stupid hoe guns bling brapt" that modern mainstream rap is infested with.

Starting off is one of my favourites

Jedi Mind Tricks - A Vietnam Story (Uncommon Valor) 
Rap about the vietnam war and the effects it had on the soldiers, also tells the story of an individual soldier.

 



Lowkey - Obama Nation Part 1 and 2
Lowkey is one of the few rappers who actually deeply cares about the situation of the modern world, as far as I know he doesn't have any songs about fighting people like most rappers do nowadays.


 

 



And of course
Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil

This song is just amazing, the way the lyrics make you imagine everything is terrific, it's truly one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard and should be heard by a lot more people.

 



And that's it for now, I'll definitely post more tommorow though.

8 comments:

  1. These sure do seem to have more meaning in them than mainstream rap.
    Good tracks! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good songs.. never heard of the term "message rap" although I know exactly what your trying to say.

    Maybe, "socially conscious hip-hop"?

    Either way, +1 follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I just made the term up as rap that means something, not just about being a gangster and money etc.

      Delete
  3. Followed.
    Good post man. I agree, more people need to get on this kind of rap. I was doing the same thing on my blog but got caught up with the sopa acta stuff. I hope to get back to it soon with JMT and others. Tech is a beast and his dance with the devil song is chilling. Makes you think.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are great, so much meaning, Hats off to ya, nice blog + following :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blog...good finds.

    ReplyDelete