Monday, 7 February 2011

Another day, another post.

So I was thinking about the different musical genres and the hate and appraisal they receive.
I really don't see the point in arguing about music, it's usually pointless, you probably won't get either person to be less stubborn, and if you can, then only by a small amount.
What is the point in arguing about something that pleases somebody and doesn't others?
That's what music is anyway, it's just a bunch of noises put together to create something which can or can't please someone.
Let's take this dubstep song for example


Lots of people will dislike it, it's understandable as well, it's wob-wob-wob-ey and won't be for a lot of people, but that is still no reason to hate it, as long as some people like it, then it's worth something, no?

Not sure what my point was here, just wanted to type something about music I guess.

Post some of the genres you LOVE and the genres you HATE.


I'll start.

LOVE:
Dubstep
Techno
Rock
Drum & Bass
Pop
Dance
R&B
Rap
Grime
Electronic Rock
And lots more


HATE:
Jazz ( I know a lot of you will probably disagree.)
Metal


That's it I guess.


Here's some songs to send me out.











I'm done.

21 comments:

  1. Dubstep makes me rage hard in the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. People like what they like. You might turn them onto something new, but have fun turning them off something they already like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Metal too. I can listen to some if I like the way it sounds but the metal that is just noise just pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is Jazz lower than Dubstep? Not cool, man. J/k good post. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i listen to a little of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love: Trance, dance, pop, techno, rock.

    Everything else is meh. I only hate country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. same here anonymouse, a little bit of everything good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the piano. Great stuff you've got here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love:
    Dubstep
    Metalcore
    Post-hardcore
    Techno
    Rap
    Funk Rock (Like RHCP Older Stuff)

    I could go on for love... lol

    Hate:
    Country =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jazz,metal,funk and blues are my favourite genres.
    I HATE the mass produced garbage od today, Pop music is terrible, I remember when they wrote about friendship and sme one you love, Now pop music is about bitches, money and cars, And fills peoples with false illusions and fake ideals and morales.
    Metal/jazz is a lot more talented, these are people who have spent all thre life, learning how to play there instruments and music theory, hours a day, now, all you need to do is sing into a mic and slap auto-tune and auto-pitch on, and ANYONE can be a pop artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude I am all over this stuff on the day. I love my techno beats, my dub, trance, techno pop, all that stuff. But all I can say is that if you dont like jazz you just havent listened to the right jazz yet. It's okay though you'll find it :)

    following and supporting

    http://812photography.blogspot.com/
    http://ducks2nucks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice tracks!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like pendulum ! Ive seen em live on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, we somehow have exactly same taste in music ;)
    Atm experimenting a little with grime. U should check foreign beggars or noisia if you haven't already. They are god! (not good, god)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good selection of tracks, i like almost all of those. 1st one was actually my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dupstep is amazing, I had a friend that was into it now I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete